How to Collect Payments from your Clients with Koalendar & Stripe
Collecting payment as your client makes a booking reduces the billing process to one step. With our Stripe integration, you’ll be able to collect payments from invitees when a booking is made.
We currently support all 136 Stripe-supported currencies: USD / EUR / GBP / AUD / CAD / etc.
Contact us if you need another one.
How to activate payments on your booking page
First, connect your Koalendar account to Stripe by clicking on your profile, then Integrations:
You can now click "Connect" under the Stripe logo to start the onboarding process.
It should take you just a few minutes.
You will then be redirected to Koalendar, and you should see a message saying that you've completed the onboarding.
You will now have to wait up to 24 hours for Stripe to verify your account.
Once your onboarding is complete, you will be able to set pricing on your booking pages:
Your invitees will then be required to pay by credit/debit card to confirm their booking:
You can select between three different pricing models: Fixed / Hourly / per Attendee.
Fixed: The price stays the same no matter how long the meeting is and how many guests are added.
Hourly: If your invitee selects a 30 min meeting, the price will be half of what you've set. If they choose 2 hours, it will be double, etc.
Per attendee: When your invitee clicks "Add a guest" and adds others' emails to their booking, it will increase the price accordingly.
Click "Switch" under the price you've set in your booking page settings to change your pricing model:
How to offer coupon codes
Once you've set a price on your booking page, you can add discounts to it:
Set if the discount is for xx$ or xx% off the total payment price and type the coupon code.
How payments appear in Stripe
Payments are processed directly by Stripe through the encrypted modal. Koalendar has no access to your bookers' credit card details.
On your Stripe Dashboard, the details of the booking appear under Succeeded.
Click the three vertical dots ⋯ to see more details about this booking, refund the payment, or send your booker a receipt.
Refunds for canceled bookings are not automatic. Find the booking on your Stripe dashboard and click Refund Payment to send the money back to your booker.
Are my invitees' credit card details stored by Koalendar?
- No, Koalendar does not store your bookers' credit card details. That information is encrypted in the Stripe payment modal on your booking form and is handled by Stripe directly.
Is there a minimum I can charge my bookers?
- Stripe does set a minimum charge for each transaction. It varies by country - see more here.
If someone cancels their booking, are they automatically refunded through Stripe?
- If someone cancels a booking they have paid for through Koalendar, any refunds would need to be done through your Stripe account dashboard. You can read more about how to do that on this page.
What if my invitee enters an incorrect card number, or their card has expired?
- If there is an error with the card, your booker will see a message directly from Stripe about what might be wrong and how they can fix it.
If I'm using Tentative Bookings, will my client be charged before I accept a booking?
- The fee will be charged when they request the booking. If you decide not to accept the appointment, you'll need to manually refund the fee collected in your Stripe dashboard.
Are there fees for using the Stripe integration?
- Stripe does charge for taking payments, but they have a very competitive and simple charging mechanism. See Stripe's pricing page here for full details.
- Koalendar doesn't take an additional commission on payments you take.
Can I use a test credit card number to test my Stripe Integration?
- We don't support a sandbox testing environment, so there isn't a way to test Stripe, besides using your own payment card, and then refunding it via your Stripe dashboard.
What if Stripe isn't available in my country?
- Stripe is working hard to roll out across the world, but it's not quite there yet. It is currently available for customers in these countries.
How do I charge sales taxes on my bookings?
- When making charge requests, Stripe does not calculate any tax information for you. The amount you specify in the Booking Form > Payments must be the total amount to charge the customer, inclusive of any fees or taxes that they should be charged.
Can I offer a discount or voucher codes?
- Yes, Koalendar allows you to offer multiple coupon codes. See above in this article how to do it.
What if I haven't received payment?
- Stripe collects the money and handles the financial aspect of the booking. You can keep track of payments and refunds by logging into your Stripe dashboard
- It may take up to 7 days for the first transfer to appear in your bank account.
Can I integrate more than one Stripe account with Koalendar?
- You can only integrate a single Stripe account with Koalendar at a time. On a workspace account Account Owners can integrate a single Stripe account for the entire team.
Do you integrate with other payment processors besides Stripe?
- We only integrate directly with Stripe for payments. If you are using another payment processor, you can redirect your booker to that payment page after booking, but the booking will be completed within Koalendar.